Flooded Street Intense storms can cause serious damage to your home. Tremendous rainfall can cause flooding, and strong wind gusts can harm homes and property. It can be difficult for your family to recover from the loss of possessions and property. Having flood and windstorm insurance will protect your possessions and help return your life back to normal.

Flood and windstorm insurance can also protect your home from tidal waters and damage from tropical storms and hurricanes. This kind of insurance is especially necessary if you live in a coastal area.

The only policy that covers natural rising waters from the outside-in is flood insurance. If you do not have flood insurance then you have a large gap on your insurance. Whether you are in a flood zone or not, it is always in your best interest to have flood coverage. Rates are the same with all carriers since flood insurance is written through the government (F.E.M.A – Federal Emergency Management Agency).
Rates start as low as $129 annually for homeowners - $414 annually for up to $250,000 in coverage for your property and includes $100,000 in personal property coverage in all “preferred zones”.

Do I need coverage if I rent?

For all those in rented homes or that live on the first floor, the answer is yes. Renter insurance, like any other policy excludes natural rising waters from a flood. Rates are as low as $79 annually.

Windstorm coverage is also a separate policy for the areas that cannot obtain the coverage included on their homeowner’s policy. These policies are state regulated through T.W.I.A (Texas Windstorm Insurance Agency) and also fill a large gap in coverage since no home policy will cover a windstorm/hurricane for many of the coastal areas.

Homeowners + windstorm + flood + umbrella covers your property from all aspects from a liability and property perspective.

How to save premiums?

Make sure your roof is documented for all updates by a certified engineer. They can guarantee that your roof is up to standards. This is important in order to receive the appropriate rating on your windstorm policy & homeowners insurance.

Flood and windstorm insurance covers damage from the following:

  • Tidal waters
  • Hurricanes
  • Flash floods
  • Rising rivers
  • Windstorms

Check your homeowners insurance policy. Talk to an agent about what is covered with your insurance and where you could use more coverage. Sometimes insurance plans cover specific situations, but other situations are not covered. It is good to understand the full parameters of your insurance plan, so that you know exactly what is covered and where you could use more insurance.

We know that your home is much more important to you than simply the brick and mortar. Your home contains memories and valued possessions. Protect your assets from natural floods and windstorms that are not covered by your homeowners’ policy. Are you required to have windstorm insurance, or do you have questions? Make an appointment with one of Rafail’s insurance agents. We can help you obtain coverage through Texas Windstorm Insurance. For more information on our policies, give Rafail Insurance Group a call today!